Episode # 68 - 4 Months of Uncomfortable
In the beginning of September, I made a decision. I realized that I was avoiding making decisions and doing big things in my business because I was scared and didn’t want to be uncomfortable. So I decided to be intentionally uncomfortable for the rest of the year to see how that would change things. I am two months into this experiment with an update on my progress and hopefully inspiration for you to get uncomfortable too.
Quotes from today's show:
- "I decided to just be uncomfortable. I decided to make decisions despite the fact that I was uncomfortable with them."
- "A lot of us build businesses that we don’t end up liking because we were listening to other people about what the business should be."
- "I realized I was putting off things that were scary and retreating into work I was comfortable with. I didn’t actually want to be doing that work."
- "Everybody tells you to get out of your comfort zone but they don’t tell you just how bad it feels to be uncomfortable."
- "You have to remember that new things are things that you don't have to be married to forever."
- "If I hadn’t made a commitment to be uncomfortable this process would have taken an extra year. I would have kept looking for more information and validation."