Episode # 33 - How Do You Spend Your Time?
After recently being asked when I would be taking off for the holidays, and realizing I had almost no downtime planned, I started thinking about how I spend my time. As I started thinking about how the last few months with all the crazy going on have played out, I was reminded that this is not the way I wanted it to go going forward. How do I want to spend my time? It’s so so important yet it’s rarely included in our goals when we are planning. So I am going to be intentional about choosing what I spend time doing and making it part of my goals this year.
Here are the things we cover:
Featured on today's show:
- Episode #12 - Delegate Not Abdicate
- Episode #21 - How to Delegate So You Don’t Lose Your Mind
- Episode #29 - Teaching Your Systems
Quotes from today:
- “I fall into that trap of ‘I can’t take any time off because…’”
- “I’d be on vacation and have to hope that none of my clients had an emergency while I was at the zoo.”
- “I suck at doing nothing. It makes me feel like a bum.”
- “When there’s no time off built into the calendar it all just becomes a big blur.”
- “Most times when you’re goal setting for the year, you forget to ask yourself how you want to use your time.”
- “If you say, ’I can’t possibly hand that off to my team,’ that’s just bull. Don’t be a martyr for your business.”
- “When clients say, ‘How about we set that up for Monday morning or Friday afternoon?’ I say, ‘Nope.’”